Monday, April 21, 2014

Ghalib : Ghazal 4~

(Hairaan hoon dil ko rovoon ki peetoon jigar ko main)

Should I cry my heart out, or beat my chest - I am confused
I f I could, to mourn for me a servant sure I would've used

It's envy that prevents me from identifying your abode;
Rather, I've been asking all to point to me the right road

My rival's door a thousand times I've been compelled to go;
How much I wish that the way to your alley I didn't know

Some miles every swift walker, I match stride for stride,
But I've not yet found a person who can be my guide

In sheer absentmindedness, I've lost my Beloved's lane,
Otherwise, I would have indeed discovered myself again!
_____
(First published in the ejournal Muse India)
...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home